Tuesday, October 7, 2008

King of Prussia Lego Store Grand Opening

Last Saturday I went to the Grand Opening of the new Lego Store in the King of Prussia Mall, although the store itself had already opened last month. I didn't expect it to be as busy as an Apple Store Grand Opening, so I got there about a half-hour after opening. Oops. The line already stretched down part of the mall and around a corner. I think I was the only lone adult I saw in line (everyone else around me were families). Luckily I had my iPhone with me and the 90 minute wait went by quickly. The store was giving away free commemorative Lego Liberty Bell sets to the first 300 customers who spent over $35. At first I was afraid they had ran out, but they had plenty left by the time I got into the store. I filled up two cups with bricks (I saved 50 cents by reusing cups I had previously filled at another Lego store) and picked up the Cement Mixer set.
Lego Store
Afterwards I headed over to a section of tables where you could help build pieces of a giant Lego Yoda. I assembled a small brick, got a $5 coupon and a certificate signed by Master Builder Dan. I talked briefly with some volunteers who were members of local PA Lego clubs. I'll have to check them out.

Giant Lego Yoda Master Builder Dan

The coupon expires at the end of the month, so I'll probably be make another trip in the next week or two. Hopefully the giant Yoda will still be there. More photos from Grand Opening are up on my photo gallery.

No comments: