Monday, January 17, 2011

LEGO Kidsfest Hartford 2010

For the second year in a row, PennLUG was invited to display our train and city layout at the Lego Kidsfest event in Hartford, CT. Unlike fan-organized events such as BrickFair and BrickWorld, this was a promotional event was put on by Lego (partnered with another company) and geared toward children. I hadn't attended the first one in 2009, so I wanted to try the one in 2010. We were compensated by Lego for the event, including hotel and meals.
The layout wasn't as big as the one we had at BrickFair, and several of my buildings were at a display in Allentown so they couldn't make it to KidsFest. It still took over a day for us to setup.
We were busy for the whole event - setting up, tearing down, answering questions and keeping kids from touching the layout (we need Plexiglass in the future). It was actually very tiring. I'm not sure if I would do it again.
Many more of my photos from the event are up on Flickr.

No comments: